UK Work Visas

Helping you obtain UK Work Visas

UK Work visas allow international citizens to live and work in the UK for a specified period of time.

There are many types of UK Work visas and you need to apply for the right one - we can help you identify this and manage your application. Partnering with us and our expertise in the world of immigration reduces the stress of the visa process.

So if you’d like the opportunity to progress your career in the UK, let us help make it happen.

UK Work Visas

Click below to find out more, or if you’re not sure and want general advice, drop us an email.

The purpose of the Global Business Mobility (GBM) visa is to enable businesses to move specialists or key individuals to the UK to work on specific projects. It could be that your business requires a specific individual due to their skill set or experience, or it could be that you would like to expand your business in the UK. There are a number of different visa categories under the Global Business Mobility umbrella, which include:

  • Senior or Specialist Worker visa
  • Graduate Trainee
  • UK Expansion Worker
  • Secondment Worker
  • Service Supplier

This has replaced the Tier 2 (General) Work visa and allows internationals to come to the UK to work.  You must:

  • Have an eligible job with an approved employer
  • Hold a certificate of sponsorship
  • Be paid a minimum eligible salary (which depends on your job)
  • Be able to read, write, speak and understand English

This visa allows eligible health care professionals to come to the UK to work within the NHS or within adult social care.  You must:

  • Be a qualified doctor, nurse, health professional or adult social care professional
  • Work in an eligible job offered by a Home Office approved employer
  • Have a certificate of sponsorship from your employer
  • Be paid a minimum eligible salary (depending on your job)

This allows overseas workers to come here to work for a fast-growing UK business.  You must:

  • Have a confirmed job offer with an approved “scale-up” business
  • Be offered at least 6 months’ work
  • Have a role that’s on the list of eligible jobs
  • Be paid a minimum salary for that role

The Minister of Religion visa (T2) allows international citizens to come to the UK to practise their faith.  You must:

  • Have been offered a job within a faith community (eg a minister, missionary or member of a religious order)
  • Have a certificate of sponsorship from a Home Office approved organisation
  • Be able to prove the required level of English
  • Have personal savings to support yourself whilst you’re here

These visas allow the transfer of international sporting talent.  This visa replaces the Sportsperson (T2) visa and the sporting part of the Temporary Worker – Creative and Sporting visa (T5).  You must:

  • Be an elite sportsperson or qualified coach
  • Be internationally established
  • Be able to develop your sport to the highest level in the UK

There are a number of other UK Work visas for specific roles which are more restrictive on how long you can stay.  These include:

  • Seasonal Worker visas
  • Government Authorised Exchange visas
  • Creative Worker visas
  • Religious Worker visas (Temporary Worker)
  • Charity Worker visas
  • International Agreement visas

If you’re looking to set up a business in the UK, you may be eligible to apply for an Innovator Founder visa, without requiring sponsorship.  An Innovator Founder visa allows you to stay in the UK for 3 years. In addition to meeting personal eligibility requirements, your business idea must be:

  • Different from anything else in the market at the moment
  • Endorsed by an approved “endorsing body”
  • Viable, with potential for growth

This visa also offers the opportunity to come to the UK to start a business without sponsorship, but is a little less demanding to obtain than the Innovator Founder visa.  With a Start-up visa you are allowed to work for other organisations in the UK and you don’t need investment funds upfront – perfect for less seasoned entrepreneurs. This visa is valid for 2 years and cannot be extended unless you switch to an Innovator Founder visa.  You need:

  • Endorsement from either a business or a higher education institute
  • A business idea which is different from anything else in the market

If you have graduated from an eligible university in the past 5 years, you can apply for the High Potential Individual visa which allows you to stay in the UK for at least 2 years. This visa cannot be extended but you will be able to switch to a different visa, such as the Skilled Worker visa. You must:

  • Have graduated from an eligible university.
  • Hold a qualification that is at the same level as a UK bachelor’s degree, a UK postgraduate degree or a UK PhD or doctorate.
  • Prove your knowledge of English.
  • Prove that you have enough personal savings to support yourself in the UK.

You do not need to have a job offer to apply.

If you are an Indian citizen, aged between 18 and 30 years old you can apply for the Young Professionals Scheme visa which allows you to stay in the UK for up to 2 years. Before you apply for this visa, you must be selected in the India Young Professionals Scheme ballot. To be eligible, you must:

  • Have an eligible qualification. This must be at UK bachelor’s level or above.
  • Have £2,530 in savings.
  • Not have children under the age of 18 who live with you or are financially dependent on you.

If you have already been to the UK under this scheme or under the Youth Mobility Scheme visa, you cannot apply under this route.

Get in touch

Speak to our team today